Since 2005, more than 130 insurance carriers — and almost as many agencies and consultancies — have turned to our Senior Market Insights Service (SMIS) for timely, reliable Medicare consumer insights.
Our experience-focused SMIS reports have become the industry standard for anyone developing, marketing, or selling within the senior health insurance product landscape.
In fact, 48 of the nation’s top 50 Medicare Advantage carriers and 15 of the top 20 Medicare Supplement carriers rely on Deft’s SMIS reports for actionable insights.
To learn more about Deft’s studies or to discuss custom research opportunities, scroll to the bottom of the page and complete the form.
- 01-13-2023 National MAPD/PDP Prescription Benefit Design Conjoint Study
- 01-31-2023 Medicare Shopping and Switching Study
- 03-30-2023 Dual Eligible Acquisition Study
- 04-27-2023 Medicare Open Enrollment Period and Disenrollment Prevention Study
- 05-31-2023 Medicare Age-In Study
- 06-29-2023 Dual Eligible Retention Study
- 07-27-2023 AEP Gut Check Study
- 08-31-2023 Medicare Digital Tools Study
- 10-31-2023 Medicare Member Experience Study
Deft Research has been surveying consumers, employees, and employers in both the Group Health Insurance and Individual and Family Plan (IFP) markets since the Affordable Care Act (ACA) was passed in 2010.
Today, our Commercial Markets Insights Service continues its focus on consumers in non-government health insurance programs. These annual surveys identify trends in the ACA market and generational differences in benefit preferences. As a result, we provide you with timely, actionable insights that help guide your critical business decisions.
To discuss any of the following study packages, please contact us by completing the form at the bottom of the page.
The Commercial Market Insights Service includes the following:
- 01-17-2023 Individual and Family Plan Benefit Design Conjoint Study
- 02-28-2023 Individual and Family Plan Shopping and Switching Study
- 09-28-2023 Individual and Family Plan Digital Tools Study
- 11-30-2023 Individual and Family Plan Member Experience Study
IN-DEPTH MARKET RESEARCH STUDY
Each study contains 70+ pages of data, charts, and powerful insights into the Medicare, ACA, and Medicaid markets from expert researchers and consultants.
In addition to Deft on Demand videos that accompany all 2023 SMIS study purchases, our experts can bring the study to life with either a virtual or on-site SMIS or CMIS study presentation.
Each study comes with up to three hours of analyst time to provide you custom views of the data.
HELPFUL CUSTOM ADD-ON: Many of our health insurance clients choose to purchase a local market oversample study. To learn more and determine if this service is feasible within your service area, please contact a Deft Client Services associate.
From member experience and acquisition to product design, Deft Research has you covered
In addition to fully customized studies, Deft also offers packaged research solutions that allow a degree of customized research to be added to our industry-leading syndicated studies. Both options leverage Deft’s industry expertise, experience, and national research to help you take more informed action in an ever-evolving, competitive landscape.
When properly designed, custom research both informs and supports your decision-making by reducing uncertainty and financial risk. And when it’s tailored to your company’s strategy and circumstances, company leadership can make more informed and confident strategic decisions.
Since 2005, our packaged and custom research has helped clients develop better products, retain members by improving member service, enhance processes to support higher quality ratings, and acquire new members through stronger marketing and brand strategies. Explore our packaged and custom offerings below.
- Conjoint and Conjoint + MaxDiff Study
- List Scoring
- CAHPS Diagnostic
- Message Testing
- Market Assessments
- Medicare Market Assessment
- Medicare Dual Eligible Market Assessment
- Medicare Age-In Market Assessment
- Employee Group Insurance Study
- MA Quarterly Plan Growth Tracker
Local market versions of our national studies provide an analysis tailored to your needs by surveying the general population in a local market. These studies are generally completed four to six weeks after the corresponding national studies and can be delivered either as PowerPoint reports or Excel tables.
Some markets may not be available for a local market oversample. Please contact your Deft Research associate before placing a local market order to assess the sample feasibility.
SMIS Local Market Oversample Studies
- Medicare Shopping and Switching Study
- Medicare OEP and Disenrollment Prevention Study
- AEP Gut Check Study
- Medicare Member Experience Study
CMIS Local Market Oversample Studies
- Individual and Family Plan Shopping and Switching Study
- Individual and Family Plan Member Experience Study
Our process always starts with listening. To schedule a strategy call, complete the contact form below.